Used piano market, was Re: Bluthner Appraisal

Wayne Walker wayne.w@musicstop.com
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:29:13 -0300

I work for a company that sell both new and used pianos. I have noticed a
differnces in the market in the last 5 or 6 years. Back then I wouldn't
think twice about buying an older upright and reconditioning or rebuilding.
Now days you can't recouped your expensed. The only used pianos that we buy
now are newer apartment size 30-40 years old or newer. Even these when done
come close to the price of a new Chinese piano which we also carry.

Wayne Walker
Piano Tuner & Technician
MUSICSTOP LTD
1005 Dow Rd, New Minas, NS