Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Geoff Sykes ivories.52@earthlink.net
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:11:09 -0700

I have to ask, are clients like this really worth the stress, worry and
effort to keep?
=20
Geoff Sykes
Assoc. Los Angeles
=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Alan Barnard
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 3:05 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Lady spent months looking for just the right piano. Drove sellers nuts. =
Fell
in love with old Haines upright. I looked, said it needed restringing, =
new
hammers, keytops, etc. Gave her good rate, did the work. Came out =
beautiful,
inside and out, sound and sight. But the action is over 100 years old =
and
has the odd click and clack--including &%#$@* rocker capstans--that I =
was
trying to track down during tunings. C8 barely sounds (So what? you ask, =
but
it and every other itty bitty thing bugs her). She just canceled her =
tuning
appointment and said she was going to call so-and-so and see if he can =
"make
the piano right." So-and-so is retired, mostly, but ran a local retail =
piano
business for many years. He is not altogether honest, this I know as =
fact.
Lady lives a block from me. I know this sort of thing happens but it =
hurts
the old feelings which, being a man, requires me to say "it really =
p****es
me off". Pant, pant, rant, rant ....
=20
Thanks for listening, I had to dump this load somewhere.
=20
=20
Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri