Arrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:05:16 -0500

Lady spent months looking for just the right piano. Drove sellers nuts. Fell in love with old Haines upright. I looked, said it needed restringing, new hammers, keytops, etc. Gave her good rate, did the work. Came out beautiful, inside and out, sound and sight. But the action is over 100 years old and has the odd click and clack--including &%#$@* rocker capstans--that I was trying to track down during tunings. C8 barely sounds (So what? you ask, but it and every other itty bitty thing bugs her). She just canceled her tuning appointment and said she was going to call so-and-so and see if he can "make the piano right." So-and-so is retired, mostly, but ran a local retail piano business for many years. He is not altogether honest, this I know as fact. Lady lives a block from me. I know this sort of thing happens but it hurts the old feelings which, being a man, requires me to say "it really p****es me off". Pant, pant, rant, rant ....

Thanks for listening, I had to dump this load somewhere.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri