Safeco business insurance

Tom Servinsky tompiano@bellsouth.net
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 06:22:41 -0400

For what it's worth...Safeco is pulling completely out of Florida for =
homeowners insurance. Can't help but think that the devastating last =
year of hurricane damaged homes (that companies like Safeco had to pay =
out), is affecting their underwriting policies and prcings for the every =
type of coverage.
Tom Servinsky
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 2:15 AM
  Subject: Re: Safeco business insurance

  In a message dated 8/11/05 3:08:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time, =
anrebe@sbcglobal.net writes:
    I got a quote from them that has me looking for competing bids.
    Andrew
    At 04:53 PM 8/11/2005, you wrote:

      To the list:  Just got a renewal notice from Safeco that my =
insurance will be raised 32% for the upcoming year!! Has anybody else =
encountered something like this? =20
      =20
      Don Bee, Sr., RPT
      Chicago Chapter
  My rates have gone up a bit, too.  I find it curious, and it got me =
wondering:  how many people have actually filed claims with Safeco?  =
Anybody on this list?

  I, for one, have never filed a claim.  I have it for the same reason I =
have medical insurance:  catastrophic occurence!

  Of course, if I were to cancel my policy, I'd have a Fazioli action =
fall off of my workbench...:-) =20

  I may be mistaken, but it seems as though the rate increase is due to =
whatever restructuring or sale took place when the Potter, Leonard name =
went away. =20

  Dave Stahl