Safeco business insurance

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:46:12 -0400

Absolutely.  Insurance companies are highly regulated.  When I worked at =
Transamerica (eons ago), they didn't even own the furniture we used, =
because they had to stay liquid to settle possible claims.  They also =
have a big dependency on the stock market for their income; when that's =
down, there are cost pressures, too.  It's real tough in smaller states =
like WV, where it's harder to spread the risks around.

I was told that the first step in business liability protection was to =
bump up my car liability to the limits first, and then add on from =
there.  I suppose that answer varies by state, too.  Are there =
alternatives to Safeco for business liability and tool insurance?  (I =
remember a horror story here about pulling a piano out from a wall and =
causing $3000 of damage to a new hardwood floor... ouch!).

--Cy--
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tom Servinsky=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 6:22 AM
  Subject: Re: Safeco business insurance

  For what it's worth...Safeco is pulling completely out of Florida for =
homeowners insurance. Can't help but think that the devastating last =
year of hurricane damaged homes (that companies like Safeco had to pay =
out), is affecting their underwriting policies and prcings for the every =
type of coverage.
  Tom Servinsky