Piano Mover Damages Piano and then Blows Off the Customer

JP Mulkey jmulkey@cableone.net
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:43:08 -0600

List,

I am a first-time poster here but a long-time reader of the Pianotech
Archives.  I have been a fairly active participant on the piano forums at
Pianoworld (www.pianoworld.com).  I am hobbyist and player, and not in the
piano business.  In June 2005, I had a bad experience with a PA-based piano
mover whose service area includes eastern PA, southern NJ, western MD, and
northern VA.  The details of what happened are here:
http://www.pianoworld.com/ubb/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/11334.html
My purpose in posting here to enhance public awareness.  Piano technicians
and dealers are probably the most frequent users/recommenders of piano
moving companies.  When something bad happens you need to know about it so
you can factor it into your decision about which piano mover you
use/recommend.
I expect you to take my side of the story "with a grain of salt" since you
are reading only one side of it.  Having said that, I believe what I wrote
accurately depicts what has transpired to date between the piano moving
company and myself.  If there are any further developments I will post them
to the Pianoworld thread.
Should anyone on this list want to know the name of the company I will
provide it by email.  I do not want to post the name of the company on this
or other public sites.
Sorry my first post here is not a positive one.  I've learned much reading
your discussions.
JPM