Safeco business insurance

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 01:43:18 EDT

Will do, Jeannie.  The rates are definitely better, but I need to do a  side
by side policy comparison of coverage.  I would certainly suspect that  Safeco
has more piano-tech related experience.  It may be that an ordinary  small
business policy is better for a field tech, but doesn't work as well for
rebuilders.

Thanks,

Dave

In a message dated 8/12/05 9:43:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jcgrassi@earthlink.net writes:

If you find  your rates better than Safeco, please let the Board and the Home
Office  know.  Thanks,
jeannie

Jeannie  Grassi, RPT
Assistant  Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
_mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net_ (mailto:jcgrassi@earthlink.net)

____________________________________

From:  pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of  Piannaman@aol.com
Sent: Friday, August 12, 2005 7:17  PM
To:  pianotech@ptg.org
Subject:  Re: Safeco business insurance

I  was interested in getting a quote from someone else for a  home/car-based
small business insurance.  I called the first insurer I  could think of, my
car insurer, which is State Farm.  They quoted me a  price that is less than
half of what Safeco is offering.

It  sounded good on the phone, but I will wait until I see a copy of the
contract  and compare the coverage they offer with Safeco before I make a firm
decision.

State  Farm has been really good for me. They've given me-the-spot coverage
and ready phone assistance when needed.  And my rates didn't go up  even after
I filed a rather large claim (and I don't even know what they paid  out to
the guy I ran into........:-().   In fact, my rates have  subsequently decreased.

I'll  keep y'all posted on any pertinent info!

Dave  Stahl