Warped/Twisted Keys....

Joe Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 08:13:09 -0700

Sid Blum asked: "I'm working on a Baldwin Hamilton which has some badly =
twisted keys.=20
There are a couple of posts
in the archives that mention straightening by cutting kerfs in the=20
keys and shimming, but not enough detail to give me a clear picture=20
of the procedure.  Any advice much appreciated.

Sid,
The methods, I have employed, were either/and wetting and putting a =
reverse warp to straighten or steam. It's fairly easy to make a small =
steam box. The down side to steam is that it's difficult not to unglue =
something that you want to stay stuck.<G>
Regards,=20
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I