Problem Tuning A49 to Tuning Fork

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 09:12:37 -0600

Are you hanging the fork from a couple of fingers and using the bottom of
the keybed for sounding? That's what the bump or ball or whatever is best
for, on the main post of the fork. I actually carried a C523 tone bar for
years, to avoid those problems. Also, a regular rubber wedge mute can come
in helpful on naturals, as you can play the note and slip the mute under
the fall or upstop rail pretty quickly. The mute is also a good way to
sound an organ note long term when matching instruments in a church, or
whatever. It can even be used for "ghosting" on one OR two pianos. A simple
clothespin can disable a damper, if you need to....

As was mentioned, you can also change your temperament sequence.

Good luck,
Guy