string termination

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:38:59 -0500

>  Conventional bridge pins
> suffer severe damage at the termination point. An intermediate solution
> would be hardened bridge pins, but it will be a costly exercise.
>
> Ron O.

Hi Ron,
It's true that speaking side bridge pins wear more than back side
pins, but back side pins wear as well. I think cyclic dimensional
changes of conventional bridge capping is responsible for at least
half the wear we see in these pins. Better capping material would, I
think, be the first step with tougher pins as the next if it still
seemed necessary.

Ron N