Kawai RX2 specs

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:54:56 -0400

My first encounter with this new-ish model was two weeks ago.
I'm returning this week to file hammers and a few other things.

Two e-mails to Kawai tech support didn't yield a reply. What's the
hammer blow, dip, let-off specs for this?  Action spread too, just for fun.

The ABS action worked well except for a half dozen center pins
clicking in the rep lever birdseye. I also had to apply Teflon powder
to the suede rep lever upstop cushion, it was creaking when engaging
the drop screw.

Overall a nice piano except for the tight, springy tuning pins
causing tuning to be a chore, adding more than 30 minutes.
It probably doesn't help the pins in the block with this piano's
ocean view, maybe a 15W DC in the action ??
--

Regards,

Jon Page