loose tuning pins

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:03:51 -0400

CA, as other have described.

If that doesn't work - sandpaper shims or larger tuning pins.

If that doesn't work - plug & redrill.

A lot of it depends on how loose the pins are and what kind of shape the =
pin block is in.

Lots of juicy stuff in the archives on this topic.

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2005 10:43 AM
  Subject: loose tuning pins

  I am still new at tuning and repairing pianos.  I have Fischer upright =
that was given to me.  I am attempting to get it  back into some sort of =
playable condition and gain experience at the same time.  All the tuning =
pins are loose and will not hold a tune.  What is the best way to solve =
this problem short of replacing the pin block?

  Thanks=20
  David