CA Glue

Don Valley dvalley1@Bellsouth.net
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:10:21 -0400

A note and little warning aside from the subject matter discussed.  Perhaps
you know this,
but avoid using CA glue for gluing plate felt & cloth.  I tried doing this
with CA glue when I
did not want to wait for the drying time needed by other glues I normally
use.  Much to my dismay
in several weeks I had to completely restring the piano because the chemical
reaction had
severly rusted the strings where they contacted the felt and cloth.  Not a
good way to learn.
Thought this might be of some interest.  I learned sometimes the quick fix
is not always the
best fix.
    Don Valley