CA Glue

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:25:15 -0700

Are you sure it was the CA glue?  I have used CA glue to secure loose =
bridge
pins sometimes applying the CA directly to the pins without removing the
wire.  I have never noticed any tendency toward corrosion in these =
areas.  I
have also tacked understring felt with CA at times (though not the thin
understring cloth) and not noticed any problems either. =20

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Don Valley
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 4:10 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: CA Glue

=20

A note and little warning aside from the subject matter discussed.  =
Perhaps
you know this,

but avoid using CA glue for gluing plate felt & cloth.  I tried doing =
this
with CA glue when I

did not want to wait for the drying time needed by other glues I =
normally
use.  Much to my dismay

in several weeks I had to completely restring the piano because the =
chemical
reaction had

severly rusted the strings where they contacted the felt and cloth.  Not =
good way to learn.

Thought this might be of some interest.  I learned sometimes the quick =
fix
is not always the

best fix.

    Don Valley