CA Glue

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:43:31 -0700

Also, it occurs to me and which is apropos to the current discussion, I =
have
never seen tuning pins (which are prone to corrosion if they get wet)
corrode from CA glue when applying them as a tightening agent. =20

=20

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Susan Kline
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 9:38 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: CA Glue

=20

I wondered the same thing, David. I wonder if the CA somehow got the =
cloth
to hold=20
water against the string, or something? I've never had trouble with wire
breaking after I use CA at the base of tuning pins, and sometimes some =
gets
on the coil. I've also tried it on bridge pins with the wire still in =
place,
and haven't noticed any drawbacks so far, though you'd think it would =
foul
the wire's contact point with the bridge.=20

Best,=20
Susan

Are you sure it was the CA glue?  I have used CA glue to secure loose =
bridge
pins sometimes applying the CA directly to the pins without removing the
wire.  I have never noticed any tendency toward corrosion in these =
areas.  I
have also tacked understring felt with CA at times (though not the thin
understring cloth) and not noticed any problems either. =20