CA Glue

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 03:26:13 -0300

I tend to think, it was contaminated felt, as in the Pratt Read  hammer rails, from the late 70's.
The C/A would dry, too fast, wouldn't it?
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Love
  To: 'Pianotech'
  Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:25 AM
  Subject: RE: CA Glue

  Are you sure it was the CA glue?  I have used CA glue to secure loose bridge pins sometimes applying the CA directly to the pins without removing the wire.  I have never noticed any tendency toward corrosion in these areas.  I have also tacked understring felt with CA at times (though not the thin understring cloth) and not noticed any problems either.

  David Love
  davidlovepianos@comcast.net