CA Glue

Don Valley dvalley1@Bellsouth.net
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:11:05 -0400

I am very certain it was the chemical reaction from the CA glue, not the
cloth and
felt.  Those same bolts of material were used on many other pianos with
standard
glue methods with no problem.  In fact the same material was used in
re-doing the
plate trim and it still is in fine shape eight years later, so it is not
affected felt.
I also use CA glue for occasional looseness in bridge pins with no problem.
Perhaps
it reacted with some chemical in the felt cloth manufacture.  Speculation.
Don Valley

  _____

From: David Love [mailto:davidlovepianos@comcast.net]
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:25 AM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: CA Glue

Are you sure it was the CA glue?  I have used CA glue to secure loose bridge
pins sometimes applying the CA directly to the pins without removing the
wire.  I have never noticed any tendency toward corrosion in these areas.  I
have also tacked understring felt with CA at times (though not the thin
understring cloth) and not noticed any problems either.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net