CA glue

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Tue, 16 Aug 2005 09:15:13 -0700 (PDT)

Very rarely a bit of CA will run out the pin hole, and
make a  little "stalactite" or "bump" on the end of
the tuning pin. Ignore it, or break it off! This is
still MUCH neater than CA'ng from above, AND it does a
better job.
    Besides: when I tell the customer thaey are saving
$3,000 on a  restringing job with block, they don't
care about this minor cosmetic detail. If it occurs.
     Still, I have 2, 2"x12" planks with gym matting
on top of them to lay the piano over onto ( and still
get my fingers out intact! )

    I put down a plastic dropclth, then the boars with
the gym matting, then another dropcloth. This way, if
anything drips through, it won't wreck the carpet, OR
glue the planks to the piano cheeks!
     I pre-tune the piano prior to inverting, to get
iot close, and usually make 2 passes with the CA,
filing iup the holes. Then I take the side of the
bottle and smear whatever is around the hoiles over
the pinblock's surface, sealing it, too. I like to
wait 2 days ( at least ) before righting the piano
fora  fine-tuning.
     Thump
     Thump