CA glue

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:39:42 -0700

At 03:45 PM 8/17/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>The second attempt, I hit the reply to all button, edited the subject line
>to read as above.  It bounced with the same message
>
>Trying again, but as an original message, not a reply.  Maybeso it will
>work this way.
>Thanks again,
>Fran Helms,
>Piano technician,
>Topeka,KS

We've all been there, Fran. An original message is usually safer,
especially if you ever try to reply privately to the writer of a pianotech
post. Some of the most interesting list posts are those inadvertent
not-quite-private replies. <grin> The subject lines which say, "offlist"
when they arrive by way of the pianotech mailbox usually get an interested,
amused crowd of onlookers as soon as they appear.

I do notice that there are times when the list software tries to address
replies to both the list and the original poster. I usually remember to
edit the "To:" line down to just the list address.

Susan