string termination / David Ilvedson

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:33:58 +0200

Hi David, and others.

A few general links beyond the link I supplied earlier to Dr. Andressen
are supplied below. The first link is an interesting bit about the
Stuart frame.

Seems to me a bit odd that some who usually rely heavily on math alone
to support their claims about this or that idea more or less out of hand
reject the claims made by the folks behind the Stuart agraffe despite
the presence of hard mathematical analysis, and do so based only on
casual eyeball observation.

The basic claim is that the strings vertical vibration time is increased
significantly and that this is directly responsible for an increase in
sustain.

For more information on the mathmatical proves worked out contact. Might
help to get his input to add to all the speculative musing of the past
few days.

Dr. Robert Anderssen
Computer Science and Information Technology Building
Australian National University
North Rd
Acton ACT 2601
Bob.Anderssen@csiro.au <mailto:Bob.Anderssen@csiro.au> <mailto:Bob.Anderssen@csiro.au <mailto:Bob.Anderssen@csiro.au>>