Danair Pneumatic palmnailer for driving tuning pins

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:38:08 -0400

Good move. After driving you second tuning pin, you'll wonder how you =
ever strung a piano without one (the first pin will freak you out too =
much to think of that!)

I have the Danair RN-16-8. That comes with a tip that can accommodate up =
to a 21/64" (0.328") pin. Works fabulous. I use the tip that came with =
it. I remember others on the list saying that you should tell the Danair =
folks that you want whatever tip it is that they sell to the Baldwin =
factory (used to sell?). I don't know if that tip would be anything =
different than mine or not. I can't imagine any tip working better than =
what I have - but who knows?

One thing I found when using the nailer is that it has plenty of power =
and you might be tempted to lower your air pressure to slow it down =
some. That will slow down the nailing speed, but it seems to still have =
the same power per blow - you loose control. I find it better to keep =
the air pressure up. Once you get used to it it is very easy to control. =
Practice with a scrap of pinblock with your first few pins.

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----=20
From: "David Love" <davidlovepianos@comcast.net>

>I was looking through the archives interested in perhaps buying one of =
these
> for stringing and was wondering if there are other models than the =
Danair