PTG app questions

Ernie Golnik pianolist@snet.net
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:39:44 -0400

John,
=20
I'm in the same boat as you, and I had the same questions.=20
=20
Because the application goes to the local chapter, not to the national
office, how it works depends on the policy of the local chapter. =
Apparently,
some chapters have different requirements than others. In my case, the =
local
chapter has the following requirements:
=20

The sequence of events is as follows:
=20
1. A prospective member must attend 3 chapter meetings before submitting =
an
application to the chapter.  The meetings do not have to be consecutive, =
and
there is no time limit to aquire the required 3 attendance dates.  Our
meeting schedule can be had by signing up for our newsletter. ...
=20
2. After the 3 meeting rule is fulfilled, the application along with the
$30.00 fee is submitted.  After references are checked, the application =
is
then voted on by the congregation when our next meeting convenes.  ...
=20
so you probably should check with someone in your local chapter to find =
out
for sure what to do.
=20
- Ernie