PTG app questions

John Delmore jodel@kairos.net
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:05:54 -0500

Thank, Ernie.  I've sent an e-mail to the local chapter president, which he
forwarded to the membership chairman.  Waiting to hear back
John

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Ernie Golnik
Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2005 4:40 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: PTG app questions

John,

I'm in the same boat as you, and I had the same questions.

Because the application goes to the local chapter, not to the national
office, how it works depends on the policy of the local chapter. Apparently,
some chapters have different requirements than others. In my case, the local
chapter has the following requirements:

The sequence of events is as follows:

1. A prospective member must attend 3 chapter meetings before submitting an
application to the chapter.  The meetings do not have to be consecutive, and
there is no time limit to aquire the required 3 attendance dates.  Our
meeting schedule can be had by signing up for our newsletter. ...

2. After the 3 meeting rule is fulfilled, the application along with the
$30.00 fee is submitted.  After references are checked, the application is
then voted on by the congregation when our next meeting convenes.  ...

so you probably should check with someone in your local chapter to find out
for sure what to do.

- Ernie