string termination

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:06:31 +1000

Hi all,

>I have been perusing the web for an actual diagram/picture of the
>Stuart bridge set up and can't find one....any help on this?
>
>David Ilvedson

Hi David,

A couple of years ago I took some photos of his agraffes and posted
them to my website. You can still find them at;

The link below shows his first type of agraffe, which would have a
propensity to rotate the bridges off the panel.
http://overspianos.com.au/strtagr1.jpg

This is his latest agraffe, which is a better design. The silastic is
there to control string noise, which is caused by the string
vibrating against the sides of the string loading slot.
http://overspianos.com.au/strtagr2.jpg

The basic idea is very good. But the noisy slot problem needs
addressing (I have tuned one of these pianos a few times, just in
case some of you are wondering about my familiarity with the design).

Ron O.
--
OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
    Grand Piano Manufacturers