CA Glue

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:36:10 -0700

At 01:22 PM 8/18/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>You wouldn't just happen to have a way to test the pH of Elmer's, would
>you? <grin>
>

>I've got the way!  I'll pick up some Elmer's and check it out.  Thanks for
>all the great info, I'm learning so much here!
>
>John

Hey! We're going to learn something! I have to admit, though, that although
other people started sometimes using CA and white glue together after my
1997 article, I seem to be the only one going ape about Elmer's.

By the way, years and years after the article, I learned that surfers down
in New Zealand were using the glue trick (independently discovered) to fix
their surfboards. Here and there, all over the world, small pockets of
people may have learned how these glues work together, and just never found
out that anybody else was doing it. I was surprised that it wasn't more
widely noticed, since both glues have been readily available for decades.

Susan