Accu-just hitch pins and tuning stability

Andrew and Rebeca Anderson anrebe@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:37:09 -0500

Any old-timers out there with hints on making these more stable?  The
two in my customer inventory both needed huge pitch
corrections.  They were more work than most other pianos I work
with.  Maybe I need to adjust my hammer technique a little.  I will
suggest keeping them in tune for greater stability.  Ie. major pitch
correction, 2 months regular tuning, four months regular tuning, then
every six months etc.  Any other ideas to add to the mix?

Andrew