Danair Pneumatic palmnailer for driving tuning pins

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 19 Aug 2005 20:07:28 EDT

Thanks
  Woks for me  Uhh actually  Trix
  Dale

Where does one get a Senco or Danair & is one  superior to the other. We
string a lot so we need the best  indusrtrial  grade device out there
  Dale

I know nothing of Senco, they may well be  excellent air hammers. I do have a
couple of Senco staplers I like a lot. But,  I started using Danair back when
it was still Aerosmith. I have used the  same tool for about 30 years now. It
has faithfully pounded pins in hundreds,  if not thousands, of pianos. (It
was on loan to the stringing line at the  Baldwin vertical plant for a couple of
months and you can't get rougher  service than that.) I've had it rebuilt
once -- at a very nominal cost -- but  the same basic tool is still going strong.

I know it's a personal thing I prefer  buying tools for the long haul. Buying
a tool like this with the notion that  I'll simply use it up and replace it
in a couple of years is abhorrent to me;  not to mention being environmentally
wasteful. I also prefer the excellent and  personal service by a company like
Danair to the impersonal catch as catch can  service of some importer.

So, if I ever have to replace my faithful Aerosmith  hammer -- and I doubt I
ever will -- it will be with a new Danair  hammer.

Del