Differences Between Pitch Raise and Fine Tuning?

Robert Finley rfinley@rcn.com
Sat, 20 Aug 2005 15:06:37 -0400

I have been reading the Reblitz book and have a question about raising =
the pitch of a piano that has gone flat. On page 231 it says a pitch =
raise is a fast rough tuning, and one shouldn't spend more than about 20 =
minutes doing this. My question is what can you do in 20 minutes, and =
how does this "rough tuning" differ from a regular/fine tuning? Do you =
set the temperament, tune octaves up and down the piano, tune unisons, =
or what? If that is so, I don't see how all that can be done in only 20 =
minutes. Thank you for your help.

Robert Finley