Stain Stripping

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:17:49 -0700 (PDT)

It is probably an aniline stain and I therefore
recommend a dilute Chlorox soultion, followed by a
"rinse" wipe with water on a rag, anda  quick dry off.
Then sand LIGHTLY when dry ( just to knock off "hairs"
)  stain, seal, fill, seal again and finish.

Chlorine bleach lightens aniline stain.
Oxalic acid is for rust stains, water rings, etc,
Hydrogen peroxide is for lightening the wood itself.
     Those are the general guidelines, of course. All
three bleach types effect the other purposes,
somewhat, too.
     Thump

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs