Removing old "Elmer's" without water: Important discovery !!!!!

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 21 Aug 2005 10:28:07 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Everyone,
    The "Brown" action I am working on had
replacement cord loops glued in with great messy globs
of white Elmer's( TM). I was faced with figuring out
how to remove it from the delicate, grooved forked
thingees on the "wypyns", without wrecking the wood
underneath.
     So I "slept on it" for about a week ( always a
good idea when you're "up against it" ) 'til, in the
"wee hours" of the morning, it occurred to me that
"Elmer's " is a  PVA-type glue
( polyvinylacetate ) . So I dunked one of the
"wypypns" in acetone.
    In about a minute the Elmer's (TM) had turned to a
fragile gelatinous boogery stuff that a little brass
brush quite easily, and cleanly, removed.
  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
      Thump