slowwwww month

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 12:16:16 -0300

Up here the humidity fluctuations in the Summer, would mean that a tuning, I did, might be out and in all Summer.
So for that reason, I don't recommend tunings to my customers, during that period.
I tell them wait until the furnace comes on. Then I am tuning closer to the piano going out of "tuneness", rather than the seasonal change.
Most people don't play them that much during the Summer, with no lessons, or school.
If they play year round then a DC system should be installed.
Summer is the time for the bigger jobs, restringing, new hammers or keytops.
Then again, it is good not to have to tune while sweating. (Or do you Guys/Gals perspire) :-) Of course vacation time too.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Chick (Earthlink)
  To: 'Pianotech'
  Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 10:20 AM
  Subject: RE: slowwwww month

  Subject: slowwwww month

  Hi Folks,

  This has been one tough summer to book tunings here in the northeast. Is anyone else running into a hard time out there?

  How do some of you handle objections without sounding like an Amway salesman?

  Have any of you tried the prepaid discount tuning package some techs are offering?

  Thanks,

  Rick Ucci / Ucci Piano

  It is slow for me in the Midwest (southeastern Minnesota), also.  Other area techs say it's slow for them, too.  Incoming calls have decreased by more than half, i. e. 6-8 calls a day to 10-12 calls a week.  But optimism is high.  Techs say when this slow spell passes, be ready for the deluge.

  Paul C