Accu-just hitch pins and tuning stability

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:48:36 -0700

How high do the strings ride on the hitches?

One problem with this system is ease with which downbearing can be set following
plate setting. Workers tend to get careless knowing downbearing can all be taken
care of later on after stringing. If this -- the plate setting -- is not done
properly, and the strings ride much more than 5 or 6 mm above the plate surface,
there can be quite a lot of torsional stress on the plate. Hence, more plate
flexing during a pitch raise.

Ultimately, the system will stabilize but it might take an extra tuning to get
there.

Del

  _____