Keyslip

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks@yahoo.com
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 20:18:10 -0700 (PDT)

I was over at a good friends house earlier today.  He has a nice Schafer & Sons grand piano.  I was checking out the piano and I noticed that the keyslip doesn't have the usual screws underneath to unscrew, nor does it just pop out.  But I did notice when I lifted up the slip a little, what looked like wooden dowels that appeared to hold the keyslip in place.  Could that be the case?  The keyslip didn't seem to move very easily and I wanted to know if I would need to take a small screwdriver and just work the keyslip up and out.  Have any of you ever encountered this type before?

Thanks!
Matthew