Keyslip

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:30:57 -0500

S T O P       ....      Do NOT pry it out, you'll mess up the finish.

Loosen the cheek blocks and lift them slightly (or maybe you'll have to remove them). You will likely find something similar to half a dovetail joint on each block that holds the slip in and down.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Matthew Todd
To: Pianotech
Sent: 08/22/2005 10:18:18 PM
Subject: Keyslip

I was over at a good friends house earlier today.  He has a nice Schafer & Sons grand piano.  I was checking out the piano and I noticed that the keyslip doesn't have the usual screws underneath to unscrew, nor does it just pop out.  But I did notice when I lifted up the slip a little, what looked like wooden dowels that appeared to hold the keyslip in place.  Could that be the case?  The keyslip didn't seem to move very easily and I wanted to know if I would need to take a small screwdriver and just work the keyslip up and out.  Have any of you ever encountered this type before?

Thanks!
Matthew