Keys not level

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:36:57 -0600

Hi Matthew,
Usually punching, but it also can be other things like rep spring too =
weak, "green green they say on the"- center pin. Tight centers or =
anything related to not allowing the key to travel freely including =
trash on the felt under the key stick back end.
99% of the time punchings.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Matthew Todd=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 9:20 PM
  Subject: Keys not level

  I noticed on someone's grand piano today that a few (2 or 3) of their =
keys were not level with the others.  Could this be a balance rail =
punching problem or could other things contribute to this as well?

  I am just paying real close attention to pianos I come in contact with =
as I am still learning.

  Thanks for all your help,
  Matthew

-----