To Ream or Not to Ream?

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:29:37 -0500

Seems like if you were to chuck it up and spin it in a slow cordless
drill you should be able to remove it while it is spinning.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of John Ross
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:58 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: To Ream or Not to Ream?

I did try the brush thing, but I did not have much success.
The brush I had was a twisted wire type of shaft, and the handle, if it
had
one, was not a secure one. I don't remember if it had one, it was a long

time ago.
Anyway, I twisted it and got the brush in the pin hole, but I couldn't
get
it out, without a lot of trouble. Reason being the bristles were
pointing
out of the hole, and dug in, when I tried to remove it. Almost like some

animals teeth, the grab, and you have to rip to get free.
If it originally had a handle, it pulled off, when trying to remove the
brush. It was the one from Pianotek TPB-1.
I never did get it to work right. Mind you, my methodology, might have
been
wrong. But how can I be wrong, you push it in, and then pull out.
Except, it
wouldn't come out.
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada