Coleman Plate suspension system

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:35:13 EDT

Terry
   Sorry I didn't' have time to respond the other  day to your question.
   By the way the Coleman plate suspension system is  a 3 inch lag bolt with
a roughly 1/2"long by 14 inch  allen screw installed  in a drilled hole in the
top of the bolt. It is welded in place as well as a set  screw from the side.
The allen screw is just long  enough to fit  through the individual plate
bosses. Which means measuring each boss so that  the correct length of machine
screw protrudes from the top of the bolt  thru the boss & enough left over for
the cap nut , just as yours is finished  up with.
   The plate rest on the top of the bolt. I always  have the bolt head
thickness machined to about .100 or less so I'm not drilling  huge holes in the edge
of the soundboard & liner.for clearance should the  plate need to be set low
as many S&Ss are. It probalby doesn't  matter.
  The plate is not threaded & the bolt can be turned  up or down
incremantally by removing the cap nut ,inserting an allen wrench  & turning up or down
slightly. One or two bolts at a time can be tweaked up  or down a bit even at
pitch. Fairly clever & about 10 bucks a  pop.

  Thanks
  Dale
  Nice lookin board in rons  D. Wide planks. Like  that. I want to hear it in
concert.  For me hearin is the fun  part. Probably need to go to SMU though.
Is that in  Texas?