Puzzlement

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 28 Aug 2005 11:36:23 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_00F6_01C5ABC4.B8006320
Hey Joe. Did it look a bit like the beauty pictured below? To open the =
sides, there are two screws below the keybed on both sides where the =
curved side piece meets the kneeboard (one a few inches below the keybed =
and the other maybe six inches above the floor). There might be a screw =
on the top part also that is accessible after the tops are opened - I =
don't remember as its been a few years. I had this one refinished for a =
lady - kinda nice because I didn't have to take the piano to the =
refinisher - just removed all the case pieces, threw them in the trunk =
of my car and dropped them off for refinishing! Definitely a way-cool =
cabinet.

Terry Farrell

> Bingo!
> Boy that was quick. I did not look or record the s# but would =
guesstimate
> about that era.
> Took a while to find out how to open the thing to tune it. The two =
outer
> lids were held in place with very strong spring clips. And not having =
been
> moved for over 10 years, very hard to open.
> Anyone remember how to open the side panels? It looked like the cheek =
blocks
> needed to be removed to take off the innerlocking music rack. and =
sliding
> key cover ala organ, then the sides would open. Quite the puzzle.
> Very neat workmanship in putting the cabinet together.
> Joe Goss RPT
> Mother Goose Tools
> imatunr@srvinet.com
> www.mothergoosetools.com
>=20
>> I tuned a 1942 (during the war, no less) Wurlitzer exactly like that.
>>
>> Alan Barnard
>> Salem, Missouri

>> > What piano maker  made an upright that has three separate top lids.
>> > This model also has swind open sides.
>> > Joe Goss RPT

------=_NextPart_001_00F6_01C5ABC4.B8006320
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...