Multiple uses for chopstick voicing tool

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 21:39:36 -0500

And, when used as an actual chopstick, the needle will spear foods that are otherwise difficult to eat with chopsticks. (One pea at a time, of course, but it does work, in my experience.)

It's also useful for inserting traditional (glued) bridle tapes and retreiving dropped paper punchings.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 08/29/2005 9:32:08 PM
Subject: Multiple uses for chopstick voicing tool

I don't know about you, but I often get very annoyed at the clicking and clacking that abounds in pianos built in the eastern side of our planet.  Sometimes it's knuckles, sometimes jack regulation buttons;  IN uprights, it's often a glue joint at the meeting of the jack cushion and the butt leather.  There are undoubtedly other things that could be voo-doo'd into submission.

With the reach of a chopstick voicing tool, it's really easy to reach in and poke the offending clacker, or scrape off excess glue to remove noises in these actions.

Dave Stahl