GPS, anyone?

Roy Peters roy.peters@mindspring.com
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:21:48 -0400

Ron;
I have the same Pocket PC.  Have you tried any other add-on items? I bought
a wireless card which fit into the Compact Flash slot, which I couldn't get
to work at all, so I took it back.  I have a digital camera setup for the
Compact Flash slot.  It works ok, but is very low resolution.  Do you want
it?  I would be happy to send it for the price of postage.  I'm using a
storage card in the Secure Digital slot.  It works, but it causes the system
to freeze up on a regular basis.  I have to disengage it to make the thing
work.  Every addon item I have tried has been a disappointment.  On the
whole, I really like the Dell Axim, in and of itself.  It was a great deal
at the time.  The battery life is great.  However, I would recommend getting
some sort of stand alone unit if you want to go the GPS route.

Roy Peters
Cincinnati, Ohio.

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Ron Koval
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 2:13 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: GPS, anyone?

I wonder how many of us are using GPS to get from here to there....

I have a Dell Axim x5 pocket pc and wonder just what I would need to add on
to be able to get on-the-road directions in and around the Chicago area.
Mapquest has helped a lot, but a guy's gotta have toys, right?  Any reviews
would be appreciated!  (or are stand-alone units the way to go?)

Ron Koval