Soundboard Removal

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:00:06 +0200

Grin....

Hey Joe,  its ME !!  I know you are are a fan of historic instruments.
Thanks for the clarification as to why you figured the old panel would
have sounded like <<crap>> tho.  You had me scratching my head for a bit
there :)

Now,  back to the origional quest of this thread....  nobody seems to
remember when the article about soundboard removal was printed. Don V.
has asked three times for it now.

Cheers
RicB

Ric B,
I agree with you, (your post of the 28th).
In the case of the Chickering: even if the soundboard hadn't been taken =
out with a sledge hammer, (really!), the original board's grain =
orientation and construction was WAY weird! Also, the piano had been =
through so much trauma, that the wood of the original was just "trash". =
Lastly, there are many 8 footer Chickerings still in existance, so it's =
not like I'm bastardizing a Graf or something.<G>
Regards,
Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I