Baldwin Piano Velle, electronic piano

Aart in America Piano Services aartinamerica@optonline.net
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:56:13 -0400

Hi Andrew.

Tell him to check the owners manual for re-initialization function.

Usually this is done by holding down a series of control buttons with
the unit is powered down and then powering the unit up while holding
down the buttons.

Sometimes it's Piano, strings, and organ then power up.

Another possibility is the MIDI Local Control is set to off. This will
disable the keyboard. This needs to set to on. If there is a global
mode, go into it and search for this function.

If this does not work, the next thing to check is the ribbon connector
between the MKB (contact PCB under the keyboard) and the Main PCB. (the
board with the big chip or Tone Generator).

If this produces no result. The problem is either the System Assigner
or the Tone Generator itself.

If this is the case, the correct procedure is to use an oscilloscope to
check wave forms, or call the company and see if the Main PCB and MKB 1
and 2 are available for purchase and swap out the three boards.

You can also check the MITA Tech website for additional advice.

Hope this helps,

Aart

Aart in America Piano Service
Hoboken NJ