Brake part cleaner works GREAT on verdigris !!!!!!!

tom driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 08:02:15 -0400

Subject: Re: Brake part cleaner works GREAT on verdigris !!!!!!!

> I've done the starter fluid trick on verdigris with fair to good results.
> I believe I have another opportunity to use this method next week. "Mrs.
> Owner Of A Very Old S&S" who is also up there in years herself called me
> to come 'fix' her piano again. Doing the job right(replacement of said
> parts) is not a financial option for her.
>
> -Phil Bondi(Fl)

    Mr.Bondi,
    I've cautiously posted my success in the past treating verdigris with
"Goof-Off "
    I'm not in the shop now, and the ingedients escape me, but I wouldnt be
surprised if brake cleaner has some similarities.
    I've used this stuff on several  actions and it seems to be long
lasting.
    The jury is still out on the long term effect.

    Caution  use it outside! This stuff is wicked !!!
    It will make you forget your name  --Or that the Yankees are a .500
club--Sorry <G>

    Tom Driscoll