Breaking Paps wedges

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sat, 02 Jul 2005 00:07:06 -0700

At 03:31 PM 7/2/2005 +0930, you wrote:
>When I first started tuning (1960) all the wedges were made out of a hard
>wood of some sort. An old tuner gave me a wedge made out of Rose wood
>which I keep, but not use, being a relic of the past.

It seems that mine are of different, harder material. They date from 1978.
They seem unchanged in dimension and durability from when I first bought
them, except that they are a little darker and more gray, instead of cream
colored.

The rosewood one sounds like fun. Maybe I could make a couple out of my
favorite wood, Pacific Yew. It's pretty tough, and sands as smooth as
satinwood.

Susan