strange dust (was West Virginia piano)

Wally Scherer afinetune@yahoo.com
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 13:00:22 -0700 (PDT)

I'm used to seeing dust inside pianos, but one piano I
worked on this year had a strange looking black dust
on the keys and other action parts. When I asked about
the history, the customer told me it was from her
mother's house in Pennsylvania, and there was a coal
fired furnace in the house. Yep, it was coal soot.

Wallace T. Scherer, Piano Technician, Music Educator
Piano Tuning & Repairs, Piano Lessons, Edwards String Covers
P.O. Box 4121, Lantana, Florida, 33465
Phone: 561-432-4121
Web page: http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/afinetune

Yahoo! Sports