OT Apple picking

Cy Shuster 741662027@theshusters.org
Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:29:47 -0400

I cut one in half, and look for a nice semi-log curve to the profile, =
starting at the base and then arching down to the stem...  The border of =
the core should arch nicely away from the exact center, giving a good =
back-core length...   Be sure to check the stem for flagpoling...  If =
you find a spider sitting on one, they seem to hold their shape the =
longest...  The Fuji apples look nice, but the quality of the Asian ones =
is suspect...

--Anon--
(Quick, Conrad: my suit!)
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Jason Kanter=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 02, 2005 4:25 PM
  Subject: OT Apple picking

  I've been wondering for a couple of years now.=20

  Am I the only one who selects nice, crisp apples by tapping and =
listening to them? The best ones have a nice high tone, nice attack and =
actually a bit of sustain.
  Surely this is a common practice among piano tuners?

  My wife finds it quite odd and amusing.

  Jason