OT: Re: Energy

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Sun, 3 Jul 2005 18:21:41 -0400

On Jul 3, 2005, at 5:33 PM, Joe Garrett wrote:

> As for the "Prius", that's a damned JOKE, they don't get as good a
> mileage as you get. AND they are selling at ridiculous prices! AND,
> where do you think the electricity comes from?

For folks where traffic flow is unobstructed, the Prius won't show its
best colors. But for places with traffic jams, stop & go rush hour
crawls, or just lots of stop signs, it can be great. The Prius is not a
plug in car, but rather sustains its charge from the gas engine &
braking momentum (I can't find the details on their website, sorry).
Patrick (who *almost* bought a Prius but they were quite back-ordered
last year)