Energy

Mark & Cinda Towne mstowne@cox.net
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 06:13:44 -0700

Good morning all,

I got a 2005 Scion XB (made by Toyota) last March.  Despite the small boxy
look,  there is a lot of room inside.  Back seats go down and allow an
action to ride comfortably.  I had mine equipped with a moonroof.  32mpg hre
in the Mojave desert...even with the A/C on.  It's a pleasure to visit the
gas station not as frequently and with much less out of the wallet...as
apposed to the 95 F-150 that I drove for eight years.

Mark S. Towne
Associate Member PTG
(but WILL be an RPT next year in Rochester).

-----Original Message-----
From: J Patrick Draine [mailto:draine@comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 3:22 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: OT: Re: Energy

On Jul 3, 2005, at 5:33 PM, Joe Garrett wrote:

> As for the "Prius", that's a damned JOKE, they don't get as good a
> mileage as you get. AND they are selling at ridiculous prices! AND,
> where do you think the electricity comes from?

For folks where traffic flow is unobstructed, the Prius won't show its
best colors. But for places with traffic jams, stop & go rush hour
crawls, or just lots of stop signs, it can be great. The Prius is not a
plug in car, but rather sustains its charge from the gas engine &
braking momentum (I can't find the details on their website, sorry).
Patrick (who *almost* bought a Prius but they were quite back-ordered
last year)