Baldwin Gauge?

Jack Houweling JackHouweling@dccnet.com
Sun, 3 Jul 2005 21:46:41 -0700

Thanks Del and Tom, you guys are so quick. I tried it and it works =
great.

Jack
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Delwin D Fandrich=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 9:21 PM
  Subject: RE: Baldwin Gauge?

  It is a convention give-away tool used to determine whether or not a =
hammerhead is square to the hammershank. Simply lay the short, bent over =
part on top of the hammershank, move it so that the long, narrow part =
runs along the hammerhead molding and see that the hammerhead is square =
to the shank.=20

  When replacing hammers it is used to draw a line along the centerline =
of the original hammerhead molding on the sample hammerheads (those left =
in place to align the new hammerheads to). This can be quite helpful if =
the original hammerheads have been badly mis-shaped over the years.

  Del

---