Energy

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Mon, 04 Jul 2005 09:24:00 -0700

At 10:32 AM 7/4/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>Well
>   They lied but 45 & 50 is still better than 22 to 25. That's a
> 100%  cash savings at the pump over many cars ...isn't it?
>   Dale

I once read a message board of Prius owners, and found that driving style
has a tremendous effect on the mileage, especially in town. If you have a
calibrated foot you can do a lot better, by pressing the limit of the
all-electric speed, but not QUITE letting the gasoline engine kick in. They
were making a kind of sport of it. The dash can show a readout of your gas
mileage at the time, to give you a hint of how you're doing.

Susan